Friday, November 19, 2010

Dr Haunt's (Distress Challenge)

 My friend and I took our kids (the boy in red and  the girl in blue plaid). Mine is Brodie with his girlfriend, Haley, and in blue is Micaela with her then boyfriend, Jaben. Only Micaela really enjoys having her picture taken. Ha ha. She is fun.
I spritzed the white background paper with Peppermint Stick by Tattered Angels. The title is one of the actual tickets (I had to ask for it, pretty please!). The distressing on it was accomplished by putting it in my pocket while going through the haunted house and the rest of the evening. ;) That weird looking guy on the right in the top photo is a ZOMBIE. Just realized I covered up the icky stuff oozing out of his shirt. Yeah, I know you are disappointed!
 I used these pictures to do a Distress Challenge. The black scroll work distressing was really an accident. I didn't do the cut settings correctly on my Silhouette the first time around so it didn't cut all the way through the paper. I tried to put it back on the mat and re-cut but didn't place it in exactly the same spot. It came out with this cool looking mess haha. You will see more of it on the second page. (Coming soon!)

 Close-ups you can actually see! I finally figured out what "Macros" is for on my camera. I think close ups are fun when I look at other layouts so I started taking some of my own.
 Love these cute googly eyes! I cut the skulls and bones with the Silhouette SD also.



The flower/brads are Spare Parts by Paper Studios. I iRocked some of the skulls' eyes. Too much fun!! I learned that in a pinch (be careful if you try this not to damage your photos or other supplies) that a craft iron will set the rhinestones.
 
Some distressing with my distresser tool like Tim Holtz's (but I found it in the jewelry section at Michael's. It's a bit smaller in diameter and about half the price). Here's a picture of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Re-View

Really cool projects by Jason Jones - check it out!